We are currently seeking Firestopping/Mechanical Insulation Estimator to join our team of long-term employees. Coming from a strong estimating and business development background, you must have the ability to:
- Review, understand and evaluate tender documents and drawings, visualize the work entailed, and prepare a detailed plan to execute work in an efficient manner
- Understand the bid preparation process, including quantity take-off and closing procedures
- Adeptly calculate material, labour and equipment and to analyze quotes from sub-contractors and suppliers
- Multitask, manage and meet competing priorities and deadlines
- Prepare schedules and track progress
- Establish strong working relationships with clients, consultants, subcontractors and employees
- Conduct all activities in a manner that protects the health and safety of all employees, trades, clients and visitors to any WISL jobsite or location.
You should also possess:
- Highly effective negotiation, communication and conflict resolution skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel) software
- Knowledge of estimating techniques, cost control, and material pricing
- The ability to read and understand construction drawings, specifications, and contracts
- Excellent organizational, decision-making and mathematical skills
- A high sense of urgency, while maintaining maximum accuracy
- A college diploma in Civil Engineering Technology, Construction Management, or a university degree in Engineering, or an acceptable combination of education and related experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ estimating and project management experience, within the firestopping/mechanical insulation or related construction industry.
- A valid drivers’ license
Come join an industry leader, with a friendly, diverse and challenging work environment, with opportunity for growth and professional development. This full-time position offers a competitive salary package, which includes an annual bonus (the focus of which is to reward profitability, personal performance and teamwork), matching retirement contribution, and comprehensive health care coverage. Compensation is based on experience and qualifications.
If this is an opportunity you are interested in and your background matches the experience required, please send your resume and cover letter to Monique Rajotte, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.