WISL is an industry leader in Health and Safety achieving the highest safety designation available to contractors, COR Certification, in 2004. As one of the first construction-related Companies to achieve COR, we pride ourselves in our pioneering efforts in Health, Safety and the Environment.
WISL applies Safe Work Practices and Procedures as a guideline for all employee training and only the best personal protective equipment is considered for each operation. Our belief is that every incident is avoidable and that employees must return home safely at the end of each work day. Our management remains firmly committed to continually improving our Safety Program and our workforce understands its importance.
Being a good corporate citizen also means that we have a responsibility to preserve our environment. WISL is fully equipped to provide the necessary containment and equipment to protect the environment and the people in and around each project.
Key components of our Safety Program includes:
- Management commitment
- Clearly defined Safety Policies
- Worker representation on all jobsites
- A Safety & Health Committee
- WISL Safety Coordinator
- Transparent reporting and information sharing
- Mandatory Safety Orientation for all new employees
- Ongoing Safety Training
- A state-of-the-art Safety Training Centre
- Specialized Personal Protective Equipment for employees
- Corporate Wellness Programs